- You Are Beautiful! You might feel tired, nauseous, sore, and cow like but we see a beautiful woman bringing a new life into the world, with a gorgeous little bubba growing inside of her. Pregnancy is a thing of beauty, awe and amazement for many people and it will be for you too if you ignore the gremlins in your mind telling you otherwise. You will only be pregnant a few times in your entire life. No matter if you think you look far from glowing or glamourous, a skilled pregnancy photographer can easily draw out the beauty and femininity of pregnancy – you may just surprise yourself!
- There’s No Need To Worry About Your Belly If you didn’t feel comfortable with your belly before you were pregnant, now you can show it off knowing that it looks beautifully round, without worrying about its shape or look! A pregnant belly does a great job of hiding your squishy bits, so perhaps for the first time in a while, you have a chance to flaunt your belly and feel great about it!
- Oh The Memories… You might be unsure about it now, but if you don’t have a photography session while you’re pregnant, you’ve lost the chance to create once in a lifetime memories and you can’t get them back. Photos also trigger memories, feelings, emotions… they help you remember more vividly. Even if you don’t care for the memory for yourself, I can assure you that when your children are older, they will be delighted to see the photos of their pregnant mamma, while they were growing inside of you.
- It’s Fun! If you choose a photographer that suits your personality and style you want from the shoot, you’ll have a great time. Make sure you do your homework though, and that the photographer is experienced in maternity photos, a normal photographer may not have the same creative ideas and poses suitable for a pregnant woman.
- You Can Get Creative! Its important to do a bit of research or give some thought into ideas or themes you’d like for your pregnancy photos – if you find things on the web or in magazines, save your favourite images to show your photographer. An experienced or talented pregnancy photographer will be great at directing you and suggesting ideas, so its good to find out what they like to do in maternity shoots.
- A Chance To Bond With Your Partner It can be harder for a dad-to-be to bond with an unborn baby, since the baby is growing inside of you, moving inside you, having hiccups inside of you – and not him. You might feel all warm and fuzzy when those things happen, but he can’t feel it so he doesn’t know how wonderful it is. But putting dad in the picture (pardon the pun!) can help him bond with baby a bit more too, and it gives him some special memories of his own, aside from you yelling at him to get you something or his late night grocery runs for ice cream!
- It’s Fun and Bonding For Siblings Too! If you have children already, they may feel really special by being in some of your maternity photos, hugging your belly, kissing your belly and showing their love and bonding with baby. It can help them to feel important too, and a nice memory which they can look at one day and remember. Some children may feel apprehensive about changes coming, what it will mean for them when the baby comes. Pregnancy photos with your older child or children is a nice way to put a fun and exciting touch to your family changing.
There are many things you can do to help you find the right maternity photographer for you! Here are several tips to think about when you are on the search for the best maternity photographer!
Look into your options at the end of your first trimester, so you have plenty of time to research and compare. Figure out what your price point is and how you can get the most for your money! Find out what certain packages include and make sure to ask the maternity photographer if he/she will be editing the photos themselves!
Also, browse their website to get a feel for their past experience and areas of expertise. If they have a variety of examples from maternity sessions, that’s a good sign. Make sure you know what your style is and choose a photographer with a style that you like!